What Happens When Teen Girls Make Healthy and Confident Choices?
They grow up to be the strong authentic female leaders of tomorrow!
Growing up in today’s culture is tough…
- Every 7 seconds a girl is bullied
- 3 out of 4 girls will consume alcohol in High School
- 1 or 2 out of every 100 students will struggle with an eating disorder
- 1 in 4 teen girls has an STI
- 7 out of 10 girls believe that they are not good enough or don’t measure up in some way
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Girls In the Know is a 501c3 non profit organization who’s mission is to inspire & empower girls to make healthy confident decisions.
They do this UNLIKE any other organization by delivering a 4 week empowerment workshop series led by female professionals in their field to a trusted adult & their pre-teen girls side by side. Topics include: Puberty, Safety, Bullying, Nutrition, Exercise, Friendships and much more! Delivering the program to pre-teen girls is critical, at a point where their hearts are open to creating stronger bonds and moms influence is still powerful. GITK provides the first step in the trusted adult pre-teen girl journey through adolescence.
- 2,500 trusted adults & pre-teen girls served since 2009
- 100% growth each year
- Expansion to Chicago – 2011
- Local corporate sponsorships
GITK began as a volunteer run organization, experienced grass roots expansion and now needs to build a sustainable model as we continue to double our program offerings.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
By doing business with Made You Look!, you help support the success of Girls In the Know. Not only do we contribute monthly, we support the group with our time and talents - and help spread the word about this powerful organization through the Good Meets World organization!
More info at girlsintheknow.org.